Monday, June 8, 2015

be-blackstar: marfmellow: caitlyn-rain: osobigbear: I carry...



be-blackstar:

marfmellow:

caitlyn-rain:

osobigbear:

I carry this water bottle around on purpose because I know the kids will ask me why I have a pink one. This is how every convo has gone:

Kids: Mr.C Why do you have a pink water bottle?

Me: Because I like pink, why?

Kids: Pink is for girls

Me: Why?

Kids: ummmmmmm

Me: Do you know why it’s for girls?

Kids: No it just is

That’s when I go into a brief lesson about how pink is JUST a color (I am the art teacher so they think I am the authority on colors) for everyone.

As a teacher I am trying my hardest to re-educate these kids in the most non threatening way possible. It will take them a minute to understand that pink isn’t a “girl color”, but a color we can all love

I love you for this

erasing gender essentialism is MEGA IMPORTANT!

“I am the art teacher so they think I am the authority on colors”


from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1KXECV4
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment